- 4 quarts water (16 cups)
- 1 whole organic chicken
- 20 peeled garlic gloves
- 5 sprigs/stems cilantro
- 4 sprigs/stems parsley
- 1 jalapeno pepper, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 carrots
- 1 parsnip
- 1 whole orange, peeled and cut in half
- 1 onion cut into fourths
- 1 bay leaf
- salt/pepper to taste
(Use organic/fresh items whenever possible.)
- Place all ingredients in large stock pot.
- Simmer for 2 hours.
- Drain broth into pitcher.
- Remove chicken.
- Puree veggies in blender and add broth for pureed vegetable soup.
- Drink 3 cups of broth daily.
- Eat pureed vegetable soup with meals.
- Use chicken in other recipes.